WE ARE OPEN & WE ARE READY
- If we can help you and your pets in any way, we will, and if we can’t, we will find someone to help.
- Pick up the phone and call us.
- We are not going anywhere.
As Government restrictions on human movement come thick and fast in response to COVID-19, we've been monitoring and planning round the clock.
We have launched several initiatives to ensure our clients have continued access to the Kojonup and Katanning Vet Hospitals. Please take a moment to read about our services and current operating procedures.
We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding at this time, as our dedicated team seek to care for your pets under trying circumstances. Rest assured we'll be here for your pet, your family, always.
RECEPTION AREA CHANGES
As of Monday 23/3/2020 clients will unfortunately no longer be allowed into reception unless absolutely necessary.
How can we see your pet?
- Car consults-Clients are asked to please call us on 9831 1666 (Kojonup) or 9821 1471 (Katanning) from your car on arrival and we will come to you. Social distancing rules will also be followed. Your pet will be taken into the clinic for any treatments required.
- House calls/Farm visits- We are still providing this service, however we ask to only have one person to interact with. Social distancing rules will also be followed. Pet exams will be performed outside your home.
- Some follow up appointments, conversations, and some less critical cases can be managed over the phone. Conversation/consultation over SKYPE/ ZOOM/ FACETIME are welcome and will be charged as per normal consultations.
- We ask that any ‘at-risk’ individuals please do not present to the clinic or during a farm/ house visit. You need to have a friend/family bring your pet.
- Being unwell, showing symptoms of COVID-19,
- have had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- Returned from international travel in the preceding 14 days.
WE HAVE SEPARATED OUR STAFF INTO TEAMS TO WITHSTAND ANY DISRUPTION TO YOUR PET'S CARE.
- We now have two separate staff units, one in Kojonup and one in Katanning.
- We have taken this measure to ensure we will always have a Hospital and staff available to care for your pet, even in the event a staff member contracts COVID-19.
- Such measures may unfortunately mean that your preferred staff member is not available at the time or location you are used to. We appreciate your understanding and can assure you that all of our clinical staff maintains meticulous communication regarding your pet's health needs
CHRONIC MEDICATIONS AND FOOD
If your pet is using ongoing medication or you require prescription or Veterinary food please call ahead to arrange. At this stage our supply chain is ok, however this is often dependent on overseas supply which may start to be impacted in the future.
Payments can be taken over the phone and we will deliver it to your car. Currently, we are not imposing any restrictions on quantities but please act responsibly.
We want to reassure you that we:
- Have upgraded our policy to using surgical hand scrub or F10 hand gel before and after every patient and client interaction.
- Will be disinfecting the hospital on a regular basis.
It is a surreal and somewhat weird situation that we all find ourselves in. It is time for all of us to be mindful of the risk we pose to others, not just the risk that others may pose to us.
From the progressive and positive team at the Kojonup and Katanning Vets.